Image Processing Unit
The MIPS-Tune Image Processing System is a MatriX proprietary software unit for off-line test program generation in automatic x-ray inspection of electronic devices and parts. The software uses an inspection model library for test strategy definition. A pin and fragment related assignment of one or more inspection strategies is supported to achieve optimum test coverage for all assemblies. MIPS-Tune supports the automatic generation of inspection lists based on automatic CAD import, as well as on simple pick and place like data, on component centre data. After tuning of the parameters, test simulations do generate measurement values needed for the definition of rules. An integrated classifier serves for manual or automatic generation and validation of rules. MIPS-Tune is one module of the MatriX Inspection Process Software MIPS that covers the whole inspection process. It offers links to all other MIPS modules as e.g. the verification unit MIPS-Verify for inline or offline verification and MIPS-SPC Tool. Both modules provide important information needed for fine tuning of the inspection parameters.
- Offline programming with CAD compiler including statistic display and cycle time estimate
- Advanced Algorithm Inspection Library for solder joint and component inspection (transmission and off-axis)
- Slice-Filter-TechniqueTM (SFT) for double-sided boards
- Automatic-Tree-Classification (ATC) for rule generation
- MIPS Tune supports the generation of transmission as well as 3D inspection lists as well as the combination of both technologies.
- Smart Rules feature for generation of reliable rules based on even a small number of test boards.
- CAD Import with support of various CAD formats
- BOM import, using standard or custom formats
- Editor for processing of joints and packages
- Clear graphical and layout oriented device presentation